The broader market is consumed by fear and the threat of a possible recession along with crypto volatility has investors grappling. In the face of multiple bad news — read another rate hike, deepening US-China tension, and the biggest crypto wallets hack — crypto market started the new month on a low note and continued crashing down. However, Nancy Pelosi’s (U.S. House of Representatives Speaker) visit to Taiwan created some buzz. Ultimately, investors showed some optimism with a more risk-on approach. But caution still prevails as the larger market situation hasn’t improved at all.
Well, whatever the market situation is, there’s always some kind of development taking place. Continue reading this article to get a better picture of what’s going on in the market — ups and down along with cool takeaways.
Crypto Market – Highlights of the Week
- Bitcoin (BTC) is currently trading at a price of $22,872.54 with a loss of 1.92% in the past 24 hours after a short bear market rally. This accumulates to the past week’s decline of 0.10%.
- Ethereum (ETH) on the other hand has plunged by 0.19% in the past 24 hours and is now priced at $1,622.88. The past week’s gains are at 0.52% for the queen. Given the problems with its upcoming merge and key derivatives, the $1,600 ETH support seems to lack strength.
- Victorian police in Australia under the new bill will be entitled to greater power for seizing crypto assets from criminals. The new bill is also expected to have crypto exchanges hand over necessary information for assisting police in criminal investigations.
- The much-expected Digital Commodities Consumer Protection Act bill was finally passed on Wednesday. The new bill includes BTC and ETH and confirms the growing consensus for CFTC regulation.
- This week, the fourth largest hack in history took place draining nearly $200 million worth of crypto assets. The Nomad token bridge hack was reportedly due to a security vulnerability that Nomad ignored.
- The recent hack of Solana-based wallets is deemed to be due to the Web3 wallet provider Slope. An investigation of the Solana ecosystem mayhem led to data pointing at Slope being responsible for the exploit.
- Jeff Garzik, a Bitcoin pioneer announced the launch of NextCypher Productions, a Web3 production company. This company will tell stories from the intersection of Web3 and science fiction.
Ruling Sentiment & Fear
The global crypto market capitalization has continued plunging down with deteriorating economical and geopolitical conditions. Currently standing at $1.07 trillion with an increase of 1.63% in the past 24 hours, the global crypto market cap saw a brief fall to $1.00 trillion on Wednesday night. Atrocious hacking events in the market combined with the wider disarray have been responsible for fear in the market.
Furthermore, the crypto fear & greed index has been quavering between extreme fear and fear only. The crypto fear & greed index combines various indicators of the overall crypto market sentiment into a single number — that is used to gauge the sentiment of the market. The smaller the number, the higher the fear, and vice versa.
At the moment, the index stands at 30 with continued fear and a further decrease from yesterday’s value of 34. However, the fear sentiment is still better than last month’s prevalent extreme fear — with the figure reaching 19.
Top Movers in the past 24 Hours
Even at times when the market is bearish and the sentiment is down, there are still outliers making some upward streaks. Hence, even while the top cryptos like BTC and ETH are in the red, there are still some gainers that have defied the market sentiment. Let’s have a look at the top outliers in the past 24 hours:
Buddy DAO (BDY)
Aiming to be the first guarantor-based DeFi lending protocol, BDY is part of the mission to build a Decentral bank — to help anyone get a loan within seconds. Currently trading at a price of $0.044, it has shot up by a huge 236.59% in the past 24 hours. Its 24-hour trading volume also saw a nice uptick of nearly 185%.
Claiming to be a decentralized platform for financial services, ZEON Network strives to offer instant access to cash without selling. Its wallet is an ETH and BTC wallet that is compatible with multiple software. Presently, ZEON is trading at $0.0115 and has added 144.58% in the past 24 hours.
Saudi Shiba Inu (SAUDISHIB)
As DeFi token on the Binance Smart Chain, this decentralized token has an NFT Platform as well as NFT collections to its name. It also has an auto-staking feature that serves well for its holders. In the past 24 hours, SAUDISHIB has gained a nice 132.59%, and its trading at a price of $0.00000000206 right now.
ClinTex CTi (CTI)
Another outlier in the past 24 hours has been CTI with gains of over 114.53%. The token is currently priced at $0.01393 and ranks 1279 on CoinMarketCap. Clinical Trails Intelligence (CTi) is a transformative blockchain platform designed for clinical trials — applying predictive analytics, machine learning, smart contracts, and blockchain tech.
OnX Finance (ONX)
And the final top gainer in our list is OnX Finance (ONX) — which surged up by 97.40% in the past 24 hours. The latest price of the token is $0.121. OnX is a DeFi Hub focused on building platforms and contracts — for swapping, lending, borrowing, yield farming, etc. It specializes in collateralized token products.
All-Time High Coins
While the market sentiment is anything but good, and the situation even further from better, some coins are still breaking high. Amidst the raging fear, there are a number of coins going for their all-time highs. Here are some of our top picks that just might end up presenting high-yield opportunities:
Beau Cat (BUC) is a blockchain-based beauty platform that achieved its all-time high today at $120.02. The token is still hovering around the ATH with a gain of 0.44% in the past 24 hours. The platform provides information on beauty and related products based on user participation.
Hop Protocol (HOP) is another token that hit its all-time high today. The ATH value of the HOP was $0.1935, however, it is currently down by 2.26% from its ATH at $1.1884. The 24-hour change in its value is positive 4.36%. Hop is a multichain bridge that connects Ethereum to Layer-2 networks — through which users can send tokens directly across networks in an instant.
Hello Art (HTT), a metaverse for artists and fans also synced with the real world, also established a new all-time high today. It is currently down by 10.36% from its ATH of $0.03214, trading at $0.02888. Hello Art (HTT) makes sure to provide an experience that goes beyond the current limits of art.
CyberDragon Gold (GOLD) recorded its all-time high a day ago on August 3, at $0.02796. However, its current price of $0.02726 has fallen down by 3.17% from the ATH. CyberDragon is a play-to-earn game based on Binance Smart Chain — where CyberDragon Golds are earned.
Last but not the least, XX Network (XX) also registered a new ATH in the past 24 hours shortly after it plunged to a new all-time low. Currently trading at $0.3686, XX is down by 5.50% from its ATH of $0.3801. XX network brings together a native scalable, quantum-ready layer 1 blockchain with the most private communications network out there. Its coins are traded on the MEXC exchange.
With the boom of cryptocurrency in recent years, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) also gained traction — due to their irrevocable ownership nature. Numerous developments are continuously taking place in these cryptographic blockchain-based tokens. Let’s have a look at the trending developments in the NFTs market in the past week:
- LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman launched a series of Solana-based NFT collections named “Untranslatable Words”. Created via DALL-E 2 AI software, the NFTs are being sold on Magic Eden — the largest Solana NFT marketplace.
- To celebrate the 25th game anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix has partnered with Enjin (software platform) to launch its first NFT project. Inspired by the video game, the NFT collection will be launched in 2023.
- K-pop agency Fantagio and digital asset platform Crypto.com has entered into a joint NFT venture. The collaboration to pursue NFT projects was announced in an MOU on Wednesday.
- TrufflezNFT — a combined project of cannabis company Trufflez and web3 enabler dropLabs — is to launch the first-ever NFT membership cannabis consumption lounge in New York.
NFTs to Watch
While the crypto market has become extremely volatile and prices are taking a hit from all directions, the NFT segment still remains the most profitable one. Although NFT collections have also seen a decrease in price due to the ongoing frenzy, it is only another opportunity to capitalize on. Here are some of the top NFT collections to look into:
Launched in 2017, CryptoPunks is one of the originals and the very firsts, and rightly so. The fixed set of 10,000 items regained some traction this week thanks to Tiffany’s launch. The iconic jewelry brand came out with an exclusive offer of handcrafted custom CryptoPunk pendants for 30 ETH ($50,000) each. The NFT collection saw a huge uplift of over 2,200% in its trading volume following the launch announcement. The price per item of the collection has surged by 537.25% in the past 24 hours.
Rare Apepe YC
Rare Apepe YC is one of a kind collection. It is essentially a derivative of two of the top NFT collections in the market – Bored Apes YC and Rare Pepes – hence why it should be on the list of every crypto investor. The collection consists of 10k items, with the price having climbed up by more than 70% during the past twenty-four hours.
Mirage Gallery Curated
Mirage Gallery Curated has completely exploded during the day with a whopping gain of 400,000%. This collection of 2.8k unique items has garnered staggering attention amongst NFT enthusiasts, making it one of our top collections for this week. Mirage Gallery’s popularity stems from its aim to take art beyond humanistic abilities through AI.
Otherdeed for Otherside
Otherdeed for Otherside is another one of the top collections for this week. This NFT is an essential part of the metaverse of Otherside, making its value pegged to the Otherside. Through the NFT, users can acquire land in Otherside. The collection has 100k items and should be added to your list if you plan on delving into the metaverse of the Otherside.
Mutant Ape Yacht Club
Mutant Ape Yacht Club is of course one of the originals and rightfully deserves the place on our weekly list. The collection has had a daily gain of 45% in its value. The current hype may be linked to the recent announcement of Gucci accepting Bored Ape Yacht Club’s cryptocurrency.